- Narrative nonfiction memoir/biography about extraordinary people and experiences, obsessions, travel, history, home & lifestyle, New York, Americana, pop culture, music and the arts. Not interested in essay collections (I don't know anyone who reads them), topics in medicine, health, psychology, science, technology, finance, business, politics, religion/spirituality, stories of abuse or victimhood, accidents, sports, pets, cooking, food or true crime.
|Three Lives Bookstore|
- Multicultural and international fiction that's relatable to American readers
- Mysteries, thrillers, suspense novels that are satisfying but not predictable. Will look favorably on crime novels that don't begin with a murder. Not interested in serial killers or gruesome description.
- Mainstream fiction, excluding category romance, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, religious/spiritual fiction, accidents or medical diagnoses as inciting incidents, gratuitous sex and violence or the sentimental
- Historical fiction
- Literary novels
- Short story and poetry collections with popular appeal
- Children's and teen multicultural fiction, mysteries & thrillers, historical fiction, animal stories, fantasy grounded in reality, narrative and informative nonfiction for the trade market. Note to picture book writers: Will only consider writers who have at least three complete manuscripts that have been critiqued in workshops.
Please send one- to two-paragraph synopsis and description of your background. Email queries 24/7 to literary agent Debbie Carter, WaverlyPlaceLiterary@aol.com, with no attachments. In the subject line of your email write Q: followed by a description of your book. Unsolicited manuscripts will be discarded. Multiple submissions ok.
NOTE: If I don’t respond within two weeks, please try again.